Thursday, September 11, 2014

Bohemian Baby Shower

I am in the young women's for my church. 6 days prior to they event they asked me to do the decor with a ten dollar(Yes, 10 dollar) budget! I wanted to make it amazing for the beautiful mommy to be but with 6 days, a small budget, a baby and a job...I wasn't sure if it was going to happen. I decided to turn my son's 1st birthday party here: http://splendidthingsblog.blogspot.com/2014/08/sawyers-tribal-1st-birthday.html into a beautiful baby girl shower! I went through my moms fabric scraps and repainted and covered the embroidery hoops. I used skewers and feathers that I already had to make arrows. I decided to make a teepee out of my moms scrap fabrics and some branches I found in the yard. I reused the metallic woodland animals and clipped the food labels on them. I made a cake from scratch with ingredients I already had. With the help of inspiration from BHLDN, 5 dollars for balloons, 2 dollars for shredded metallic ribbon(for tassels), 1 dollar for paper, 2 dollars for gold paper straws, and 15 dollars for roses(a gift from me), I was able to turn this baby shower into something beautiful! Imagine what I could've done if I would've had more time and a bigger budget!  




































1 comment: